Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Moonlight WOTG

I know that I said I would have an incredible project to show you that I made for a pal but it is Halloween and choose to share with you this great Halloween LOs and Bonus project. I can't wait to take pictures of my little girls and put them on these pages.
I always start first by reading the directions then cutting out the CS. Then I sort it all out and get ready to stamp. This LO required not only stamping but fussy cutting too. I really don't like to fussy cut but have to admit if I had some of the elements on the page would not pop the way they do. Unfortantly that does not transfer well in a photo. I cut a piece of orange CS like a ribbon then stamped it with the web boader, I also used the same stamp on some of the purple CS. I then added the little stamped spider hanging of the web. The mummy and letters for boo are stamped then cut out. You cant tell here but the mummy is coloured using CTMH alcohol markers in Smoky Plum. Itty bitty rhinestones are added to the spiders eye as well as the skull brads to adde some sparkle. Used black rhinestones on the letters.
Now this one was fun to stamp. I had to line up the letters for Halloween and because I only have on "l"and one "e" I had to restamp those letters in the right postion. The lamp post is also a stamp, for the lamp and sign portion I stamped those seperatly and coloured them then cut them out and applied them to the lamp post. Looks great, neat technique but a pain and depending on what you are doing time consuming. Same treatment to the skull brads as the first LO. Oh and I almost forgot, I destressed the black CS to add more depth, love  the fact it is white core so very noticeable.
Here they are just waiting for this years costume pictures. I am really enjoying working with CTMH stamps and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment