Sunday, October 21, 2012

Avonlea Workshop

CTMH has several Workshops On The Go kits that you can buy. They include a Stamp set design just for the WOTG, paper packet and embellishments. All inks, markers and other extras you need to have separately.

This Workshop is the Avonlea one, its papers are also featured in the August SOTM projects. All the workshops except the Cricut ones, has enough paper to make 3 different projects. This workshop makes 2 double page LOs and a Photo box.
Here is the Official art work. Now mine don't have pictures in them so you can at least see what it would look like once they are added.
Page 1 Random stamped images, velvet rub-ons that are traced using the Chocolate marker. All edges of the paper are inked with Slate ink and the images are also stamped with it.
Page 2 Done the same as page 1.
Page 1 of the second double LO. Again all same techniques as the first set. What I have noticed is that each Workshop has a new technique to learn and add to your knowledge. Also its a great way for me to use papers and colours I would normally shy away from. I love colour and lots of it. Tend to find these boring but think they would be wonderful for old photos.
Now this excited me, I love to alter things. I downloaded the template for this to cut all the pieces and proceeded to alter the box. Next time there are several things I would do. I would of either inked the edges or matched a paint to the paper and painted it first. As this was a first try, and I prefer to go with the instructions the first time around I did what was written down to do. Again random stamping image, which gives it a neat look. Plus I like the tracing of the rub-on helps it stand out more.

Alright on to the next projects :D

No comments:

Post a Comment