Friday, October 19, 2012

August SOTM

Been so busy with CTMH and sb.com making stuff for Stamp of the Month, Workshops on the Go and Swaps.

All products used in these projects are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise stated.

I am going to start with my first SOTM from CTMH for Aug. Unfortunately I don't have the picture showing you the stamp set as I have a new computer and did not transfer over that image :( It was a series of corner and embellishments stamps. At first I was not very excited by it, but once I started using it and made 3 different projects with it I had changed my mind.
First I started off with this card, sorry it is blurry. The paper package used is Avonlea. Its greys, blues and greens. Using one of the stamps from the set I used Slate ink to stamp the corners, the message is also stamped using Slate. I cut a slit in the grey card stock to fit the ribbon through. Then using Stickles Icicle I added some sparkle. Put some half pearls and called it done. Pretty quick card to make except for the little cut for the ribbon. The ribbon holds the card closed so it needs to be able to move.
Next is was onto a single page LO. The yellow ribbon was from my stash and I folded it to make it appear ruffled. Surprising it was easy to do. Using one of the corner stamps from the set I proceeded to make my own patterned paper. I have never done that before and I really like the look. I believe the ink I used was Pacifica. Cut and layer several pieces of paper and that great grey satin ribbon for the bottom band. Added a bling swirl and fussy cut a couple of leaves for the flower. Turned out great.
Last but not least, in fact it was my favourite item to make with this set. A display album. I use it to display the different Cards I have made for either SOTM or WOTG. Its very handy to have. Again I used a corner stamp and used the Slate colour to stamp in. Added my fake ruffled ribbon, different layers of paper to the circles. The scalloped circle and regular circle were both cut using the Cricut Artiste Collection only available through CTMH. Put on a couple of bling swirls, add a Prima flower in the middle to hid any flaws. Mod Pod to hold it all together.

I really like the fact there are several differt projects to do with each of the SOTM. It gives variety instead of the same old thing every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment