Friday, June 15, 2012

Xyron Create-a-Sticker

Well, I had a wonderful Pal at Easter time that sent me an incredible box of goodies for crafting. One of the things in the box was a Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker in the shape of and colour of a Breast Cancer ribbon. Now this tool is one that I have looked at from time to time but have never been able to find any 3rd party info on. Then again I might not of been looking hard enough, LOL. It has sat on my desk since Easter until now.

First, I had a couple of cards to make and they had ribbon on them. For the longest time I have been trying different adhesive with ribbon to see how it sticks and how it lays. Until now my preference was Scor-tape in close to the same width as the ribbon I was using. Not a favourite way but better then most until tonight. I put my ribbon through the XYRON and presto adhesive on the back of my ribbon. Not only that but it was the right length too so no folding back extra adhesive. The hold was just right too. In the next post you will get to see the cards I made using the XYRON.

Next, I had this great Workshop I purchased from CTMH. Again I will tell you more about that LO Workshop in a different post. Here is what I used it for. I cut out some embellishments using the Cricut and fussy cut around some rubons. Here I have to say that I am not a fan of RubOns, nor of fussy cutting. Once I stamped a couple of images on the die cuts I then inserted them into the XYRON plus some strips of paper that I sanded. Made assembling the LO a whole lot easier.

The XYRON is a very easy tool to use and comes in quite handy. I am already planning on picking up some refill cartridges for it because it needs to be available every time I craft. This would be well worth the money to have on your desk, especially if you love to use ribbon in your crafting!

Thanks for reading and see you in a couple of days with a new post. May God hold you in the Palm of His Hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment