Monday, June 11, 2012

Door Hanger and Plaque

If you follow me then by now you know that I LOVE to do Altered Swaps and my favourite hostess is Martica of http://marticadesigns.blogspot.com/ and that I belong to http://www.scrapbook.com/ . Well here is the latest Secret Sister Swap she had.
She assigned requested that when we signed up to list our favourite colours or the colours we wanted our Plaques and Door Hangers in, then gave us a partner. Well lucky for me my partner was Lorna Lee and she loves Purple which is one of my Favourite colours too. I had tons of different things to choose from to create with.
The requirement was to decorate both sides of the door hanger, I first pained all the pieces I was decorating with Sea Glass Green. Cut a piece of lace to hang on the bottom of the hanger. The rhinestones around the opening are purple adhesive ones, next I added the butterfly. I then played with the layering of the pearl bead string. Once that was in place I could add the flowers. Oh and I forgot about the little purple bow at the top.

On the other side of the hanger I cut out and punched a piece of purple Cardstock by DCWV. The punch used is Martha Stewart Double Arches in the corners. I then cut out a circle from adhesive Cardstock Spring Fling again by DCWV. Using a Pink by Design stamp I added the little saying that states "Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself." I then added the pearl string around it. Used some different flowers and another butterfly, the package I picked up add 4 different ones to use.
 Here is my favourite piece of this set. I cut and punched out the matching cardstock to the hanger and mod poded it on. Once dry I used Imaginisce i-Rock stencil to put on the crown. This was a surprising long part of the project. Then using some letters I got in an envie swap I added the sediment "A Royal Daughter of GOD" Using Smooch I painted the two Ls, I then placed them on the plaque and added my Secret Sister's name. Attached some great purple lace to the back and then added the flowers and butterfly. I used all the same elements so that it coordinates very well. As soon as I saw who Martica had picked for my pal I KNEW what I wanted the plaque to say just was not sure how to decorate it. I believe that I was inspired to make this for her, and that it will remind her how truly important she is to GOD, just as we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment