Saturday, June 23, 2012

Workshops on the Go

CTMH comes out with a new catalog/idea book twice a year. In it are several new lines of paper and stamps. To save you money and get a nice assortment of the lines they have Workshops you can purchase. Sort of like Kit of the Month from some sites. Well I fell in love with the Lucy line so I ordered their Lucy Workshop. In it I got 12 sheets of CS some double sided, Lucy stamp set, Lucy glitter rub ons, Bitty Sparkles and an instruction brochure. What I did not realize until I sat down to make the 2 page LO was I would need to have the Exclusive Cricut Cartage Art Philosophy Collection. Lucky for me the consultant was willing to lend me hers.
 This is a perfect paper pack for little girls. I have 2 girls under the age of 5 so made 2 double page LOs from this package just changed the side that is showing to make them sightly different. With this kit I got to try a new technique, at least for me. All the die cuts were made with the Cricut except for the crowns those I fussy cut, UGH. Once all the pieces were cut it was time to stamp. The flowers and butterflies are all stamped. The flowers required 3 separate stamps and 3 separate colours. It was fun to line everything up just right so that it looked good.
The Crowns are rub ons and then fussy cut out. I really dislike fussy cutting, I feel that is why I have a Cricut and my Grand Calibur so I don't have to do that anymore LOL.
 Here you can see the pendant that is on the page, this will hold a title at some point. Even though these pages have identical LOs they look slightly different due to the different colours and patterns used. You can just make out the fact I curled the petals on the flower. I also added rhinestones to the flower centers and the crowns. Princess Pages need some bling, :D

Have a great day everyone and don't forget to get outside and enjoy the sun and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment