Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Cards

 I am involved in a HUGE card swap. I need to make 45 cards for 9 people all different types. I believe that I have 10 left to do which I will finish up this week and then I can mail everything on the weekend.

I used several different techniques on this card. I used my Grand Calibur to cut out the butterfly from a sheet of double sided adhesive, also used a boarder die to cut the edge of the striped cs. On the green cs I used a cuttlebug boarder folder to add the dots and then used my d-stress tool to sand off the tops. This tool makes it so quick and easy. I also used a matching green ink to distress the edges of the white cs squares. The flower is a Prima one not sure which collection. The stamp reads Happy Bird-day to you.

 This is one I made with my "ugly" cs. I was amazed that when I didn't let the colour and patterns affect me how great the card came together. Unfortunately I don't have a "Get Well Soon" stamp so I used a silver sharpie and printed it on. I need to get more sediment stamps LOL.
This one I distressed all the edges with my d-stress tool and because I choose to do it after the card was assembled I could use the tip of the tool with out marking up the other layered papers. You can see one of the roses I just received in the mail. the sediment is "Deep Sympathy". Again the colours came together perfectly and I was able to add a little sparkle with the small green squares, they are glitter cs.

All above cards show are made using DCWV cs.
These next cards are from a kit by Martha Stewart. I picked up the kit because it was butterflies and fine glitter. This is were I got the idea to run double sided adhesive through my die cutter for different shapes. Each colour was applied separately. It is easier then it looks. The adhesive was cut in different places so you just peeled off what you wanted to expose and apply the colour of glitter you wanted. Looks so good, now to figure out a way to do that myself LOL. That stamp says "Thanks a Bunch"

I have more card to show you but my camera died so I need to charge the battery before uploading more great cards. Plus I have other projects to show you. I need to finish the exploding box but I really don't like it. Scrapguys was nicer. Maybe it was the cs I choose to use or my expectations were out the window. Maybe it will look better once I embellish it. But I will share it with you even if I don't like it.
Until next time, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment