Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Mini Album Part 2

I will have one more post to finish this album after this one. Laughing at myself because I forgot that the pages are double sided so the album is much bigger then planned. Oh well live and learn. This next page I am going to show you I really don't like and may by the end of the album end up changing. Not sure how yet, it you guys have any ideas please share them.
Pg 7 - Its hard to make out in this picture but here is what I tried to do. I cut out butterflies using my Grand Calibur then embossed and inked them. In the corner is a chipboard sticker that reads "Butterflies Flowers & April Showers" The Butterflies really don't stand out and the page is boring. Need some help with ideas here.
Pg 8 - This is cut from the bottom right of the remaining CS that I used on Pg 7. Not only is it important to have tags, and other things to pull out of a mini but you need to have areas to journal. On the right hand side I added a bit of crochet lace and covered the edges of the CS in Stickles Crystal glitter. I then added a 3D sticker of a humming bird. Nice quick page.
Pg 9 - There are 2 pictures for this page. I really like how this turned out. On the page you see this scalloped square cut out with my Grand Calibur. The CS used is shimmering sheet from the matching stack. I then added the paper flower to the top left corner and stickled the petals. Using Liquid Pearls I put little pearls in each corner where the scallops meet. A little lace on the binding on the right hand side and the the beautiful butterfly to the center. This is the last butterfly I have in this colour scheme.
Here you can see that the scalloped square is really a little book. Perfect for little pictures, some journaling or mementos. Also included a tag that reads "Home is Where the Heart is". Can you tell I am really enjoying making this? I have so many ideas floating in my head, which is a good thing because I have already started on my project for Spellbinders DT call in December LOL.
Pg 10 - Again there will be 2 pictures for this page. Made a pocket page but this time used the same CS so that it blends in. The wonderful bird house embellishment was made by disneylisa for one of her DCWV Spring Swaps in 2011. She is hostessing one right now using DCWV Spring Fling stacks on http://www.scrapbook.com/ . Love the bird house and figure it would work great in the mini. disneylisa does great work. I have alot of handmade embellishments from her.
Here are the tags in the pocket. I made a 4x6 photo mat because the one thing I noticed was there was not any big areas for photos, opps LOL. Used a nice pearl brad to attach that great stripped ribbon.  Also included an other tag from the stack that is foiled.
Two more pages then on to part 3.
Pg 11 - Did another simple page because I could not bring myself to cover the picture. That flourish is right on the page in foil. I added the chipboard banner that reads "Spring" and that was all. Really there is quite the impact already.
Pg 12 - 2 pictures for this page also. Were to start there are so many elements to this page. I first started with a white envelop which belonged to the Tag card I cut in half. Then using the 3 different ink colours orangy yellow, light teal and coral I swirled the ink pads on the front and inked the edges. I really like this technique and will used it more once I have my new stamp spots in. Then applied the stripped ribbon to the edge of the envie and secured it on the ends with 2 pearl brads. Next I adhered it to the page and added the felt sticker that reads "all a flutter". I then added the Pearl swirl by Prima Say it in Pearls collection. In the top is a tag that reads "Beauty".
Here you can see that I used the envie as a giant pocket to put tags, pictures what ever you want in it.
Now to finish the last 6 pages LOL and then it is done. I can't wait to see what I come up with today to finish this off and maybe redo Pg 7.

Thanks for following, I read all comments. May our Heavenly Father hold you in the Palm of His hand. God Bless.

1 comment: