Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Beading on Cards

 As promised I made a new card using my SewEasy and added beading.
I tend to use cream based cards when making my designs. In this picture you can see that I distressed the edge of the card, I used 3 different colours of ink. I also coloured the stamped image with pencil crayons which gave it a nice soft look. All card stock used was from DCWV Mango Frost stacks. After putting the card together I ran the zigzag head to make it look like I sewed the different pieces of cs together.

On this close up you can see the glass beads I use. These beads are from my stash of left over beads from cross stitching different little kits. The are Mill Hill beads, a very high quality of bead. I needed to use a smaller gauge needle for the beads also know as a beading needle. It doesn't have to be the long beading needle you can also get regular sized ones. The orange floss I used is from DMC, which again I find is a higher quality of floss. My next card I am going to try using specialty threads on to add more shimmer as well as the beads. I really like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment