Friday, September 2, 2011

Card making day

Hello all...Last week my oldest daughter and I got out my supplies and took over the kitchen to make cards. I belong to several cards swaps and she belongs to one. We are behind in our card making and sending so here are pictures of what my kitchen counter and table looked like for most of the day.
 That is my new Grand Calibur and this was the first day to play with it. It works wonderfully and the cuts with their dies are so detailed. We really enjoyed cutting and embossing different labels and things for the cards. It did make a loud popping noise when putting the pendant die into the machine so Spellbinders willing took it back to fix it and I am currently waiting for it to be returned. In the mean time I have received about 6 more sets of their dies that I ordered from ohmycrafts.com. Excellent site to order from and the shipping is very reasonable. They are my go to site for anything Spellbinders LOL.
 You can see my daughter Michaela in the above picture, she was really enjoying embossing then adding glitter and heating it. She has now requested more embossing powders so she can do more with the embossing gun. I think we will do this once a month on PD days. It was such an enjoyable and bonding experience.
 Following is a couple of the cards I made. This one is very simple and I used different rub-ons for it. Not to fond of rub-ons they do not always come out looking nice.
 I corner punched the patterned paper and then the green cs is cut using the larges die for Labels Five (SB). Then using a stencil from Imaginsce I put on dots with stickles.
 Corner punched and boarder punch then added orange glitter. Used the middle size Die from Nested Lacey Pennants (SB) with a thicker circle saying Thanks.
 Again with the corner punch then using pop dots attached a die cut large Blossom Four (SB) Added fabric flowers that have stickles highlighting the petals and a rhinestone center. Made a fabric bow.
 Basic Birthday card
 Foam stickers, 3D stickers and flip flop buttons.
 Used the Tulips Shapeabilities Pendants for the center piece pop dot it on to some green ribbon and added silver studs from Imaginisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment