Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stamping

So I have really gotten into the whole stamping thing. I love making cards, just need more time in my scrap space, but found they were lacking a little something. I had quite a few wooden mounted stamps but never really liked using them as I found it difficult to line them up just right. Then I discovered CTMH acrylic stamps which are clear and you mount them on a clear block. Much easier to use and clean, just need to figure out a way to store them all so I know what I have, LOL. One of the Blogs I follow is Pink By Design, she makes her own stamps and sells them. Some of them are designed to go with Cricut Cartridges and some are work great with Spellbinder Dies. She has a Stamp of The Month club that I was dieing to join, which I finally did last month. The stamps for this month are Halloween themed and are the cutest things ever. It has several children in costume and several different spooktacular sayings. I can't wait to go and craft some cards today. My oldest daughter loves the Canadian set I ordered from her, hockey and maple leafs plus some adorable sayings. Needless to say the one "Handmade in" then a picture of a maple leaf is both of our favourites and will be going on the back of our cards. I think Pink By Design has replaced CTMH as my favourite place to get my stamps from. Their prices including shipping are cheaper then CTMH which is a plus to me.
So speaking of CTMH, I was able to pick up 17 different sets of stamps for under $140, these set normally cost between $25-$35 each so quite the steal there. I do believe it is now time to start looking at Copics and try them out to see if I like them. Plus there are other ways to add glitter to the images other then stamp ink. I plan on learning some new techniques this fall when it comes to stamping and embellishing the stamped images. Time to check out my LSS to see what classes are offered.
On another note, hope to have pics next time of my new scrappy space, I just need to clean it and take the pictures LOL. Have a wonderful day, and be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment