Wednesday, October 13, 2010
First I painted it a beautiful shade of purple. It took 3 coats of paint to hide the orangey red that it started off as. Once it was dried I added a clear rhinestone flourish to the lid with a purple flower to hid the awful detail it had on top. The flower has purple rhinestones and glitter on the petals and in the center, again a dollar store find.
Next I painted the entire body of the can, again 3 coats. I added cs which is from DCWV The Home Stack. I am sad because I am almost out of this particular cs pattern and I really like it. Along the top of the cs I added a silver ribbon and a brad with a purple sparkle flower on it. At the end of the ribbon I noticed a flaw in the paint so added the white ribbon flower that matches the purple one. It has clear rhinestones on the petals and glitter too. Added a Rhinestone flourish and then the word "recycle" in Thickers. This can sits on my desk were I make may projects and all the little scraps of pp and cs that I can use go in here so that later it can go into the recycling boxes outside.