Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Paper Bag Album Finally

This is my first attempt at a paper bag album. I won the Rak for this on Martica's blog. In the Rak was everything needed to make and complete this album. I added a few embellishments and CS of my own. The over all colours provided were black, red and cream. I think most of the CS is from DCWV  Le Creme Stack. I love black glitter pp she included would loved to have more. The flowers were from the Rak I added Diamond stickles to the petals, the ribbon is velvet with a silver heart slider, and a white butterfly plus the black lace all from the Rak. I added the red bling flourish from my own stash. I chose to boarder every page in xmas red stickles to tie all the pages together with on element that was the same through out. I love this cover I made never thought I could take so many different elements and come up with such an elegant design.

This page has two different pp used and then a red sparkly ribbon down the seam were I joined the two papers. The flap folds so that you can see the whole other page. This was a little difficult to do but not sure how else I could of decorated it.
 On this page I added the red rhinestones to the flowers again from my stash. You can just see the ribbon tabs that are on the large tags in side the different pockets of the album.
 On this page I made a small pocket and tag. the red rhinestone flourish, flowers and brads are from my own stash everything else Martica provided. the pattern paper is flocked and I loved the pattern.
 Here is a page with nothing but the flocked paper and some ribbon. First I put down a black sheer ribbon then layered the red lace over top. Next I added the white flower brads all this was in the Rak. I added red stickles to the center of the brads and added diamond stickles to the petals of the brad flowers.
 The red paper is from my stash and is in the center of the album. I wanted it to be bold and eye catching. I use the last of the black glitter paper on the fold and again added red sparkly ribbon to cover the seams.
 This die cut is, I think, made of felt. I found it really set off the red paper nicely.
 Here I made a pocket page and tab. I edged the pp in a silver ribbon that had beads hanging down that had flowers attached to the bottom. I then added the red beaded string on top of that. On the red cs I tried to make a flourish with the beaded string but it did not come out well. Everything but the red cs was included in the Rak.
 On this page I again made a pocket except going diagonal. The striped cs, red cs and rhinestones were from my own stash. I used the last of the lace to boarder the top of the tag, the butterfly added stickles to the voids in the wings. I love all the ribbon I used here. I would have to say this is one of my all time favourite pages
This is the back of my album. The only thing here from my stash is the red cs. Again I added stickles to the rose petals. The black shear ribbon has sparkles on it. I enjoyed stretching my talent making this album and I would never have tried one if I had not won Martica's blog Rak. A huge thank you goes out to her for all the inspiration she provides me and for the chance with this and with swaps she has hostess for me to use and try things I would never of thought of myself. I will definitely be trying to make one of these again and hopefully with more creativity then I used here. It was a great stepping stone and learning experience.


  1. gorgeous!!! looks similar to mine on scrap laugh love!

  2. It came out gorgeous. I am so glad I inspired you and that you were happy with your prize......