Wednesday, November 7, 2012

September SOTM

For the last year I have been trying to find a group to learn new techniques, now I know there are plenty of YouTube videos out there but really I don't want to spend all my time watching videos when I can be playing with my scrappy stuff. I did join a Stamp'in Up group but was not a fan of their product, had to purchase $25 worth of their stuff which was hard when I don't like something. Then of course I became a Close To My Heart Consultant because I LOVE their product and was getting discouraged that every time I applied to a Design Team I was told no. Well my desire to finally learn new techniques is happening. Also most on a monthly bases I learn something I never knew or try something I hadn't done before. This month was CTMH's new alcohol based markers and blending techniques.
Here is the LO for Sept. The word patch was cut out on my cricut once in cream and second in brown, same size both times and then just slightly miss aligned so you can see its shadow. I then pop dot them up for more affect. Also got to use burlap ribbon for the first time too, boy is that stuff is messy but what a neat texture it adds . I also used my SewEasy to punch the straight holes around the page and twine to stitch it. The small tag is also cut using the cricut and is just waiting for a date to be posted on it once the pictures are added. The pumpkins are stamped and then coloured using CTMH markers and blended, I then fussy cut them out and pop dotted them up too. Now I did not get a picture of my girls at the pumpkin patch this year so this will have to wait until next years photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment