Monday, November 5, 2012

Altered gifts

Good morning all my crafty friends!! There are several websites I talk about regularly on here and one of the ones I am most active on is www.scrapbook.com I am very active on that site as a daily poster. My full gallery is on there of work I have done in the last 7 years. Most of the swaps I do now are pal swaps or altered swaps. This one group I am in is a 3 month commitment and for those 3 months you send you secret pal a $25 scrappy gift plus any extras you would like to send. This last sister that I had I spoiled, she was a fellow Canadian and I also made her an amazing set for her desk.
This is the Journal that I made. All CS is DCWV the Sweet Treats stack. The fabric on the binding is from Walmart. Everything is done in pink and brown which is a beautiful combination of colours. I used a beaded and lace trim from my stash with a matching beaded trim to run down the journal between the paper and fabric. The little bronze plaque says "Friends" I punched a hole in both the front and back cover for the ribbon closer. Flower spray, pink ribbon bow and heart trinket all from my stash. Added a jeweled stickpin to the ribbon flower.
So elegant and feminine.
Here is the matching stationary box. This is an altered cigar box and the CS is DCWV Luxury stack. Again I lined the box with fabric and CS, the lace has a pink trim and the braid is also pink both of which I received from Lorna Lee on sb.com. The butterfly, flower, and fabric and lace flowers are from my stash and some that I bought from www.laceheaven.com Again added a stickpin which is the matching one to the Journal.
I made about a dozen matching cards to go in the box. I did not have enough fabric to line the bottom because I cut the fabric wrong :( but normally that would also be lined.

I LOVED making this set and I am surprised at how quickly I can make this all at once. I love it when an idea comes to such sweet fruition and the finished project looks better then the one in your mind.



I have a new little sister to make something for and the last month is December, I am thinking an ornament but not sure what else yet. Have a wonderful day and God Bless :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Drayia,
    Thanks so much for stopping in and taking your time to leave a message for me. It seems every year I end up making some. I especially liked this one because of the colors. Pink! I think we both like it!
    Great Journal and box.. very elegant. You've done an outstanding job on both, very impressive for sure!

    Thanks again for the visit to my Blog
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI again Drayia
    Thanks for stopping in again. I know the woman that takes the photos for the magazine. Shes a professional photographer so If I can take the pictures that show the gold I can't see how she couldn't... But I did email her and just asking for curiosity sake what could of went wrong? The other pictures on that page are not colored wrong.. so it doesn't look like that page just was printed wrong... Anyway, I hope she will reply.. I also suggested if I wanted to try and get another layout published again.. should I avoid these shiny gleaming layouts?
    So I was just kinda looking for an answer and see what they say.
    The original looks so nice when the sun shines in the window and brighten it up even more.. Very eye catching. I've starting to really love working with gold.. almost as much as pink... naaaa not sure that could ever happen LOL!

    Anyway, Thank you again. I sure do appreciate your visit!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete