Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blessings Journal

 So sorry I have not posted since the beginning of the month. I have been very busy trying to get some swaps done that I have committed to finish.
I love being involved with creative swaps were I am stretched with my creativity. Martcia of Martica Designs has some of the best swap ideas ever and really I need to give her credit for encouraging me and inspiring me to constantly try something new. Her latest swap on http://www.scrapbook.com/ was to decorate a journal for a secret sister. I love secret sister swaps, most of them that I do involve buying product, this is the first to make something. The pictures are out of order but I had a hard time the last time I posted a series to move them around so I left them and will just post beside them what products I use and how I applied everything.
This first picture is the inside front cover. All card stock use is from DCWV Luxury Stack. Very rich looking prints and paper. Made a pocket to hold a couple of tags/pics. The embellishment is Prima Say it in Pearls pink Swirls, Brads I made with my i-Top and fabric. Then covered edges of the pocket with eyelet lace. I used Scor-tape in 1/4 in size to adhere the pocket and Arlene's Tack Craft glue for the lace.
 Here is a picture of the 3 tags/pics I included in the pocket. First is one that matches the pocket and has a frame for a picture, next is a picture of a boy playing a trumpet, on the back it reads "Because my Savior loves me, I will praise Him through my talents." And last is a card that has a frame on it with one of my cross stitch and beaded flowers. On the back I stamped a journal spot Punched the corners with Martha Stuwart corner punch Arches.

 Here is a picture of them in the pocket, as you can see the top half of the Swirl is covered.
 I wanted to do something simple but elegant on the inside back cover. I believe I achieved what I set out to do. Here I used Prima Say it in Crystals Swirls with Lace in White and a pink butterfly from Recollections Signature line
 On the binding I used a piece of fabric because I did not like how the card stock did not bend perfectly with the binding. Also pictured is the string of beads and charms I made. This was a first for me. I have a ton of beads from my cross stitching, old jewelry that I have taken apart to use in different altering projects and charms I have received from swaps. It begins as one line but then breaks into 3 small trails of beads. You can't see it here but I also added 2 ribbon page markers in a iridescent blue ribbon.
And here is the vision I saw and was able to recreate. This turned out exactly like I wanted. I really wanted my journal to be soft and dreamy that is why I used cream, blue and pink for the colours. First to the products I used, The branch is by Recollections Signature series Floral Embellishments, this is held on using Arlene's Tacky Craft glue. Seen on the end of the branch is a cross stitched and beaded dragonfly, had to add another handmade by me. I LOVE sharing my talent with others. The medallion was cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossom Four second largest die then traced with Stickles in Waterfall. Stamped saying using Tim Holtz Clear embossing ink for Distress Powders by Ranger. Love this stuff, didn't even know such a thing existed until a pal sent it to me for Christmas. Stamp used was My Pink Stamper Faithful Sayings. The butterfly and flower are both Recollections Signature series and so is the bling trail for the butterfly. White lace used from my stash, think I bought it at Walmart. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch 2 holes in the covers and then added to grommets, laced translucent iridescent blue ribbon through to tie the Journal closed. This was a labour of love and I an SO happy with the finished project.

1 comment:

  1. Pure Gorgeousness & Thank You! I am a very lucky lady to have been blessed with your journal project & talent! Thank You for your special thoughtfulness & commitment towards this swap! It turned out Beautiful! Blessings & Friendship! XO Kelly

    ReplyDelete