Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Altered desk storage

 I have a bunch of the new tools by Imaginisce and I need to have them close at hand. I found this little organizer at the dollar store and figured it would be perfect. The front has two compartments and the back is one large one.

First I needed to trace the different panels on some CS, I used some iridescent lilac purple CS not sure who its made by. I buy it in single sheets at Micheal's.
 Here is a top view. I should of sanded it down but decided to proceed with painting it right away. Painted the whole thing in and out in silver as purple and silver are the colours I have chosen for my scrap room. Using Mod Pod to attach the CS after the paint has dried.
On the front I applied a gem design that I had in my stash. I picked up all the gem designs used on this project at the dollar store. I am always amazed at my finds there.
 Here is the right side. You can just make out some of the white of the Mod Pod as I used it to seal the gems onto the paper.
 Here is the left. I use a total of 3 different designs, I did not put one on the back because it would never be seen.
As you can see by the pink that my Imaginisce tools fit perfectly in here. In the back compartment is my i-Top 2.0, up front on the right is my i-Rock, on the left is my d-Stress, I believe its called a Snip-it, a piercing tool for brads. I re-organized my desk so this has a place in my clear storage cubes and is close at hand. Now to find other little projects to alter, decorate and be functional on my desk!

Happy craft one and all. I will have a new post for you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment