Thursday, December 29, 2011

Scrappy Nook in New House

 Finally I have finished organizing, cleaning sort of and taken pictures of my little piece of Peace LOL. This shot is from the top of the stairs looking into the nook. You can see my favourite piece of furniture here, the wall unit with all my paper storage. I need at least one more of this with nothing but paper storage LOL have me to many DCWV stacks. Beside it is a little computer desk that I have reused for storage.Hanging from the ceiling are large plastic gems on black ribbon. Adds some sparkle!

 This is a close up of my paper stacks. All DCWV, LOVE their CS find it nice heavy weight and I enjoy the glitter and foil they use in the paper. Lower left are plastic storage folders for other collections, Imaginisce Bubbliscious, Enchanted as well as other company's lines. The lower middle are my cutters, scor-pal, different craft mats and a wooden cutting board. This comes in handy when using my craft knife for cutting or trimming. No damage to my craft mats and no pitting on the blade.
  
Here you can see the repurposed computer desk. On the top shelf  in the 3 containers are Spellbinders dies, Cuttlebug dies, Sizzix dies. The keyboard shelf holds my cutting plates for the Grand Calibur. On the bottom are more embellishments separated in to some colours, Princess, Disney, Boy and Girl.
 On top of the shelving unit are my embellishments sorted by season and Holiday. 3 containers are ribbon, my ATCs, Cards, Bling and Journal cards. Been working on using my stash but need to use it faster or I will not have more room for more items in those containers.
 Here is a picture of my desk from the door to my son's room. Not too clean as I am working on different projects, mostly cards right now. And of course my Favourite tool Spellbinders Grand Calibur.
 Above my desk and the storage unit is my display wall. Here you can see a banner with my Screen name "Drayia" on it, this was made for me. On the right hand side of the picture is a purple butterfly that my DH purchased for me our first Christmas together. On the left hand side is a purple S for my real name "Shana", again this is something made for me, on it reads "home, joy, I love my family". Top of the unit are some jars with more ribbon, my altered tin for lace, which I need to buy more of, a made from scratch index card box that I keep addresses in for my scrappy pals that I send cards too.

Starting from the top left, Martha Stewart punches, corner, boarder, and doubled sided. Next is paints, Mod Pod and a wooden tray that I altered with special beads, paperclips, and pencil leads. After that comes my containers of brads, eyelets and asst. charms separated by colour, Finally in the 2 containers are my i-Top accessories, and my SewEasy with different heads, flosses and twine. Also here is my baby wipes that I use to clean my clear acrylic stamps with and all the glitter I get on my desk LOL.

 This shelving unit is on the wall between my desk and my large paper storage unit. The Clock on the wall is waiting for me to print some pictures of my beautiful kids to put into. Displayed here are several things that have been made for me.Top shelf holds a paint can, 2 tags and a purple box that were made or altered for me by several different people. I wish I could remember who but I have been collecting them for that past 4 years and don't recall all their screen names. On the second shelf is my iHome that my wonderful DH bought me this year for Christmas so that I might listen to my favourite music or Pod casts in my scrappy area. You can also see another S that was altered for me that I hang my Glue Arts Pro Glide from. As well is my hanging ornament I made for Spellbinders DT call. The 2 pockets are altered by friends, they started with a jean pocket and then went from there. Also is a beautiful picture of the Washington DC Latter-day Saint Temple.


Coming into the space is a pony wall that I have placed a lot of different small storage shelves on. These hold various items, coloured staples, mini stapler, etc. You can also see my mini Cropping Cutie, my altered recycling pail and my sewing machine that does not work right now. I installed the wooden shelf from Ikea to hold my Cricut Cartages, miscellaneous craft projects and on the end an altered book box to hold all my Cuttlebug embossing folders. It is full so I need to purchase a new one to alter and start filling to LOL. On top of the shelf are more projects that were made for me. On either end are suit cases, the one on the left also contains a mini album. There is also 2 other mini albums there as well, one made with tags the other one with toilet paper rolls. The album in the middle is my first paper bag album that I won from http://marticadesigns.blogspot.com/ It was a great learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment