Thursday, December 15, 2011

Design Team submissions

Well now that I know I have not been selected for Spellbinders or Imaginisce Design Teams 2012 I can show you my projects that I created for them.

This hanging pendant/ornament is open at the top so you can put a little gift or treat into and hang on the tree. I made this with Cor'dinations CS and Spellbinders Nested Pendants. This was my submission for Spellbinders. I used my d-stress tool to the lacy edges to take the colour off so the white core could show through. I applied the clear crystals with the i-Rock. I scored the edges with my Scor-pal and used Glue Arts pro glide to attach all 3 sides together. The snowflake is an acrylic snowflake that I added Icicle stickles to to add more sparkle. The silver glitter brad and snowflake ribbon were miscellaneous pieces from my stash.
 The next projects were 2 of my submissions for Imaginisce Design Team 2011. The card is made using their Christmas Cottage collection from 2010. The silver studs were applied with the i-Rock tool and I used one of their stencils to get the swirls just right. There is like 4 different layers on this card and really enjoyed making one like this. I love the fact that with any of Imaginisce's collections you can get stamps, ribbon, die cuts and stickers to match.
Here is the first page of a 2 page LO I also made. Using pictures of my little Cara who is now almost 2, I matted them and then made my own brads using the i-Top tool and fabric. Then using different fabric flowers I placed them on the page. On her head is a jeweled crown sticker, I thought it was the perfect touch for that picture. I love her little bum in the picture with the wings she was such a tiny thing at first.
 Here are a couple of other pics from the same photo shoot. Again 3 fabric flowers with my own brads, also a tag I made that says "my princess". Again matted the photos to help them stick out more. I also used some mesh and a paper boarder.
Here are the two pages side by side. It is hard to see in the pictures but I used several elements on each page to marry them together. There is the paper boarder strip and the pink iridescent mesh on both pages as well as the mats on one page match the paper used on the other one. Looking at these makes me realize I need to either get a better camera or learn to take better pictures because some of the detail is missed and that would impact the judges decision for the DT call. Well I know what I want for my birthday in May. A new, better camera!


I have already started to think about and plan what I want to do for next years design call. Imaginisce has a really cute Spring/Easter collection coming out that I will have to go get. I know just what I want to make with it, and then I have to put it aside some were and not post any pics about it so I can use it for next years DT call. Spellbinders will be a little bit harder, but I hope to buy more of their dies so that I can come up with something incredible. I am thinking of a LO for them instead of mixed media but we shall see. I have a large project sitting in my craft room that I cant think of what to do with it right now. I have a whole year to plan so might be able to come up with something for it LOL. Thanks for all the well wishes as I tried my hand for the first time at a couple of DTs. It means a ton to me, and I am grateful you all wish to continue on this journey of crafting discovery with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Drayia! Congratulations at tossing your hat into the DT Calls!!!

    Thank you so very much for your sweet comments on my blog, you really made my day!

    ReplyDelete