Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Scrap Area


In the eternal search for the perfect place to scrap I moved my room out of the little cubby area and in to my Laundry room. I tripled my space but am more spread out.
I am more spread out now due to all the space, I share it with my freezer as well as the washer and dryer. Laundry is now getting done more regularly otherwise I can not make it to my work desk. I have added a couple of new storage/counter areas. We put both our little girls in the same bedroom so there was an extra desk. You can see I used it for my Cricut cutting area. On the cupboard side I placed my CTMH stamp organizer. The top drawer holds all my Carts, which will soon have 4 more there. Friend of mine was cleaning out her scrap room and wanted to get rid of a few which are no longer available so I bought them. The second drawer I placed all my cutting mats. In the cupboard I have stored all my CTMH embellishments and stamp sets. The other piece I added you can see is the rolling kitchen rack. Again picked up second hand from a friend at no charge. The top is not cleaned off in this picture but it holds my large cutter which I seriously need to order replacement blades for. The baskets are great for all kinds of things, I believe I have my scor-pal on there and my iTop container as well as the container that holds all my twine for sewing on projects. Plus there are 2 Clip-it Up ribbon holders. Finally have all my ribbon out of containers. Hope that will encourage me to use it more often on cards and LOs. Of course you can see my wall and shelve that is covered in projects that were made for me, unfortunately you can not see the area where I hung all the wonderful ornaments that others made as well, the lamp is in the way.
Under the stairs is a little area that originally we used for storage but when our landlady finally moved everything out of the garage we were able to move it there instead. That white book case is full of magazines for both scrap booking and Cross Stitch. I fully intend to get rid of them all this year. I plan to go through the cross stitch ones and remove any of the patterns I want then into recycling it goes. Here is my large wall unit that holds so much paper and other tools. Plus of course a huge paper rack which is nearly full. The tubs on top of the wall unit hold all my embellishments organized by season and Holiday. There is just enough room there for me to be able to sit down and look at all the paper while choosing the design/style I want in a LO or card.
Here is a picture looking from my dryer. The small desk up against the wall holds my Grand Calibur and Big Shot. In the Shelves are their dies or I should say all my Spellbinder Dies as I don't really use anyone elses. Plus I have my idea books from CTMH there as well. On top of the shelve are mini albums that pals have sent me as well as the one and only one I ever made. Its the red and black one :D The mesh cube unit holds all my CTMH pps right now as well as my trinkets and flowers collections. Its still a work in progress and is by no means going to stay like this or here. But for the next couple of years, unless we move, this will be my crafty home. I look forward to the day one or both my teens move out and I can take over one of their rooms. Then I will have natural light and SPACE. I hope we can purchase this home when that happens because I want to make some major changes to the room I use as a scrap room.


Have a productive, creative day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment