Thursday, January 6, 2011
Imaginisce Altered Challenge
I started by painting the edge in Laguna Blue by Delta Creative, then traced out the top for the paper. I used Enchanted-If the Crown Fits, which I Mod Podged on to the wood plaque then distressed the edges. I will note here that the new d-Stress tool from Imaginisce would of been nice to have because it too forever to distress the paper. Next I cut out the names using the "Once Upon a Princess" cartridge from Cricut on Iridescence Blue card stock. Before placing the names on the plaque I used an Adhesive Border Strip from the Enchanted Collection, next I adhered the alphabet using Glue Dots. I noticed that the letters did not show up very well so I filled them in using Cinnamon Stickles. Once that was all dry, I then applied Glam Rocks Color Fussion with my i-Rock tool, to the crowns. To seal it all I applied a thin coat of Mod Podge over everything and onto the sides as well. Finally I stapled the ribbon to the back and made a bow for the top. I love the way this turned out and wish you could see that ribbon better it is two toned, Turquoise boarded with brown and the whole thing is iridescent.
I love how this turned out and now plan on making ones for my nephews using the Dino Roar collection by Imaginisce.