Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day Mailbox

 This was made from a template that I bought and downloaded from thedigichicks.com. I love making different containers and saw this and could only think about elementary school and Valentine's Day card exchange. We always made a container to hold all the cards that other students gave us. So of course I had to make it.
I printed off the template on white paper then traced it onto my cs. Used here is double sided cs by K&Company Seasonal stack. On the back is a 3D dragonfly in pastel pinks and purples. The Flag, which moves, is outlined in Cotton Candy Stickles.

Using Scor-tape I adhered the Ivory Lace then added Pink chunky glitter to cover the remaining tape. The fabric flowers, paper flowers and butterfly are glued with Aleene's Tacky glue. Then added some pink rhinestones to the lower flourish and a little pink bow to the front above the pull.

I really enjoyed making this but found it a little fussy putting it together. If you want perfection have fun because no matter how I bended the cs or made sure everything was aligned it still leans a little to the left. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment