Friday, January 18, 2019

Medical Update

Hello all,

Well I am home, sorry I didn't get right back to what was happening. Well the Gallbladder has been removed and the next day they went back in with a scope through my mouth to remove a 1 cm gall stone that was lodged in my bile duct that leads from the liver to the small intestines. Then it was a day for recovery and finally home. I have 5 small punctures from the Gallbladder surgery which are healing fine. No stitches just glue and those no stitch tape to close the wounds. The one just above my belly button is the largest and still some what sore 10 days later. My family doctor is amazed at how quickly I am healing and back to my regular day. I did take it easy, my husband took last week off to help me at home with the day-home kids so I didn't lift anyone but this week I have been doing it all on my own. Today was a big test as it snowed and I had no choice but shovel my drive way and steps for the parents. I only did half my driveway as it is huge and can fit 3 cars in it. Wasn't to bad but a little strenuous.

The hardest part has been getting back into my school work. I was hoping that I would have my schedule worked out before I started full swing with all the kids since that first week of the New Year I only had 2 children here but of course that is when I ended up in the hospital. So slowly I am getting it done. It is a little hard as the 2 littlest ones are being difficult. My grandson plays fine and doesn't need me to entertain him but the little girl I watch has a crying fit every time I get up from the coach to go out of the room. Need to some how break that habit of hers as it makes a very noise house and difficult for me to make lunch let alone go to the bath room or check on the older children. Think it is a form of separation anxiety but from what her parents say she does it at home too.

So far the classes I am taking are very much review for me but that was intentional. I wanted to take it slow so I could get everything to work in my life. I am learning some neat things about Windows 10 that I was not aware of before. There are some neat features with it now which will come in handy with taking notes while I read my textbook since it is all online. I prefer taking notes on the laptop then writing them down, tend to retain the information better that way as I know from previous experience.

I have a BIG crop this Saturday and can't wait for tomorrow, I so need the time to create. I will try to remember to take pictures and everything for my next Blog post. Then I need to start doing some individual crafting posts. As well as be creative for a Blog Hop I hope to be involved in. Might work on some of that on Sunday.

Well God Bless you all and have a marvelous Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment